The occupational therapist’s primary focus is to deliver evidence-based occupational therapy assessment and intervention to job seekers. In addition, the occupational therapist supports our external clients (Employment Services providers) working with their staff to achieve return to work outcomes for job seekers. The attributes of a Back2Work occupational therapist include conscientiousness, flexibility, compassion, and excellent self-management.
Direct client contact- Approx 25-30 hours/ week
- Provision of clinically informative, holistic intake assessments
- Provision of critical incident assessments
- Delivery of evidence-based, practical and tailored interventions for individuals or groups
- Practice ranging across the lifespan from teens to older adults.
- Providing vocational assessments, considering appropriate job-personenvironment fit
- Delivery vocational intervention to increase a job seeker’s work readiness, including resume building, interview skill development, setting work goals, etc. Other practice activities
- Provision of timely, accurate and quality reports
- Provide helpful written recommendations for the job seeker’s return to work plan. Stakeholder Management
- Provide regular feedback to employment services staff on job seeker’s progress
- Conduct monthly allied health case review meetings in each branch with the employment consultants and business manager
- Collaborate and provide training to our employment provider partners
- Liaise with local health professionals and services as required Performance targets
- Regularly review outcomes and functional improvements to ensure efficacy of intervention
- Implement strategies to ensure the continued engagement of job seekers.
- Adhere to performance targets discussed at quarterly performance reviews and develop of strategies to maintain performance
- Compliance with the Occupational Therapy Australia Code of Ethics and AHPRA professional requirements
- Maintaining milestones set buy AHPRA and commitment to Continuing Professional Development
- Compliance with employment contract, company policies and procedures – Manage responsibility for own business obligations, e.g. invoicing & billing.
- Competence in using case management system for reporting, time management and billing
- Engage in research and quality improvement activities at the request of the RM
- Regional Manager (Weekly)
- State Manager (Monthly)
- CEO (as required)
- Clinical Supervisor (as required in accordance with AHPRA requirements)
- Employment Consultants (Daily)
- Business Managers (Daily to Monthly)
- General Practitioners (as required)
- Local allied health professionals and support services (as required)
Key Performance Indicators
- Aim of intervention toward employment >50%
- Employed 0-4 weeks 40%
- Referred to an ESAt or another program 10-20%
- Monthly work rate of >70%
- Weekly work rate average of 25 clients
Contribute to monthly site reviews for each branch: ensure 1 site review per branch, per month is completed with the branch manager in collaborative with B2W psychologist and uploaded to AXE.
All job seekers moved from Open to Tracking in a timely manner and have an outcome coded correctly.
- Review period DNA rate <17%
- All strategies implemented to reduce DNAs Professional Goals
- Complete DOT modules
- Complete Intake Assessment video and assessed as competent by Quality team
- Attend 2 group supervision sessions
- Complete DOT modules
- Employers are listed on B2W Action Plans
- All work ready job seekers have a 20 employers list, a cold canvassing spiel and interview skills o 5 step intervention video completed and reviewed by manager